The three primary mechanisms of blending of solids are as under:
- Diffusion blending
- Convection blending
- Shear blending
- Diffusion blending is characterized by small scale random motion of solid particles.
- Tumbler blenders such as the double cone blender, v-blender, octagonal blender, tumble-in blender, cubical blender function by diffusion mixing.
- The tumbling action of the blender results in a random motion of particles. Solid particles move through a dilated bed of powder.
- Diffusion blending occurs when the solid particles are distributed over a freshly developed interface.
- Diffusion blending over a period of time provides high homogeneity when segregation is insignificant.
Related terms – Solid blending mechanisms, Convection blending, Shear blending
Unique Mixers & Furnaces Pvt Ltd
Contact Person: Mr Jayesh R Tekchandaney
Phone – +91-22-25801214/25822385
Website - www.uniquemixer.com