Plough Share Mixer Opertion
New Audio Visual Narration Explaining PloughShare Mixer Design & Operation
Plough Share mixer
It consists of a horizontal cylindrical container with multiple plough shaped shovels mounted on the main shaft. With 30% – 70 % filling of the container, the size, number and positioning, geometric shape and peripheral speed of the mixing elements are co-ordinated in such a way that they produce a whirling, three-dimensional product movement. The resultant turbulence in the mix, whereby the entire product is constantly involved in the mixing process, prevents the formation of dead-spots or low-movement zones in the mixing container and ensures fast and homogenous mixing. The mixing elements are specially designed to lift the material from the inside wall of the container without squashing the particles against the wall. In addition, separately driven high-speed choppers can be installed to disperse agglomerations and control granulation during the mixing process in co-ordination with the mixing elements.
Chopper Action (Optional)
Single or multiple choppers are located in the lower part of the mixing container in such a way that the chopper assembly is inserted into the wall of the container at points in between the flights of two adjacent mixing shovels. The shovels operate beneath the rotating choppers. Together with the mixing shovels, the high-speed choppers remove lumps in the raw material, chop pasty additives and prevent formation of agglomerates on liquid addition. The choppers can be switched on and off, independent of the main drive shaft. Thus, the influence of the chopper action on the product mix can be controlled.
- Available in working capacity of 5 liters – 5000 liters.
- Available in all grades of stainless steel, carbon steel and special alloy steels.
- Feeding nozzle at the top.
- Centrally located flush bottom discharge valve.
- Designed for atmospheric operation.
- Stuffing boxes with easily disassembled housings. PTFE gland packing provided.
- Stainless steel surfaces are polished to desired standards. All exterior non-stainless steel surfaces are painted with enamel paint.
- Squirrel Cage, Three Phase Induction Motor suitable for 415 Volts, 50 Hz.
- Single Speed Drive, for mixer and chopper.
- Mixer is mounted on supports with adequate discharge clearance.
- Chopper Assemblies.
- Jacket for heating, cooling.
- Wear resistant liner plates for abrasive products.
- Split design stuffing boxes, Air-purging stuffing boxes, Mechanical Seals.
- Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) models.
- Explosion-proof motors, Variable Speed Drives along with Electrical Control Panel.
- Inspection, Cleaning windows on the container.
- Spraying system for liquid injection.
- Processing bulk materials (powdery, granular, fibrous).
- Addition of liquids to dry solid materials (moistening + granulating).
- Processing pumpable materials.