What are the processes used for manufacture of gears? How are gears finished and checked?
It is essential that the application of the gear and its use is well understood. Accordingly, suitable materials, processes should be selected for manufacture of gears.
The various commercial methods employed in manufacturing gears may be summarized as follows:
- Sand casting
- Die – casting
- Precision and investment casting
- Formed Tooth Process
- Form cutter in milling machine
- Form cutter in broaching machine
- Form cutter in shaper
- Template Process
- Cutter Generating Process
- Cutter gear in shaper
- Rotary cutter
- Reciprocating cutters simulating a rack
4. Powder metallurgy
8. Plastic molding
The gear teeth are finished after they are manufactured. The various methods are
- Gear shaving
- Gear lapping
- Gear burnishing
- Hard honing
- Gear grinding
- Chamfering and deburring
After the gears are finished they are checked for the following parameters:
- For mixer drive systems, why are gears preferred over belt drives ?
- How are gears classified? What are the different types of gears ?
Unique Mixers & Furnaces Pvt Ltd
Contact Person: Mr Jayesh R Tekchandaney
Phone – +91-22-25801214/25822385
Website – www.uniquemixer.com